- About Us
- Contact Us
Automotive Industry Solution
Automobile manufacturers constantly strive to launch their products quickly and bring new vehicles to market faster to reduce engineering and development costs. They aim to provide their customers with vehicles that offer higher quality and lower maintenance costs and try to include distinctive features based on latest technologies. Similarly, suppliers strive to keep their costs down and meet the growing demands of the OEMs.
Automotive industry has tried to increase collaboration and reduce cost of information sharing by creating an industry standards organization called AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group. AIAG's primary goals are to reduce cost and complexity within the automotive supply chain and to improve speed-to-market, product quality, employee health-and-safety and the environment. AIAG has specified numerous standards including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
Automotive industry challenges
The automotive industry today is better equipped than ever, however the following challenges still remain:
- In order to stay competitive, original manufacturers and Tier 1 assemblers must accelerate time to market and improve product quality while reducing risks and costs.
- Ensure successful product launch by enabling collaboration of cross-functional customer/supplier teams to share current product and process information, and to analyze part readiness status.
- Industry-standard APQP process remains manual and cumbersome due to lack of integration between OEMs and suppliers.
- Multi-tier supply networks are unable to integrate Lean Production techniques into existing assembler and supplier companies, which increases manufacturing cost.
- Existing technological and knowledge-based (under utilized organizational data) strengths are not capitalized to the fullest
- Dealers filter or tamper the crucial customer data before passing it to manufacturers
- Its five times more expensive to get a new customer than to retain an existing one
Aiming at the above challenges, Adeptia has developed focused functionality to deliver comprehensive solution and assured benefits.
View the solution and its benefits (Integration Acceleration Solution)
Adeptia BPM solution helps meet these automotive industry challenges
Adeptia has partnered with Powerway Inc. (www.powerwayinc.com) to deliver an effective and automated Integration Acceleration Solution (IAS) to facilitate seamless connectivity between OEMs, Tier 1 and other suppliers by :
- Allows integration of business processes across the supply chain using loosely coupled architecture that delivers SOA, Web Services
- Integrates data irrespective of technological incompatibility through robust data integration capabilities
- Automates implementation of APQP processes using prebuilt ETL schemas
- Allows designing and automation of end-to-end person-to-person processes using BPMN based visual Process Designer
- Automates uploading of customers data from dealers using ETL technology and process monitoring capabilities
- Allow users to self-manage through flawless reporting functionality
- Allows tracking of coordination, negotiation and commitment that take place across the supply chain through business monitoring and reporting functionality.
- Reduces human intervention and human errors as a result of streamlining and automation of business processes.
Benefits of Adeptia solution
- Reduced IT expenditure by increasing life span of existing systems
- Manages, automates and optimizes supply chain processes
- Timely revelation and delivery of relevant information to decision makers, improves decision making power
- Reduced manufacturing and operational costs as a result of automation and transparency of process
- Improved ability to retain customers due to availability of customer data
- Better ability to adopt new automotive technology with improved product quality thus enhancing profitability
Adeptia BPM solution has been deployed by Fortune 10 automobile manufacturers. To read related case studies, please visit the Customers section.
Please also check the other Adeptia products:
- EBIM Suite: A holistic enterprise-class software application designed to incorporate all integration disciplines including ETL, EAI (SOA, ESB) B2B, BPM within a single, collaborative, web-based application.
- B2B Integration Suite: Integrate CUSTOMER and PARTNER DATA with ANY APPLICATION or DATABASE using industry standards
- ESB Suite: Complete integration solution designed to integrate ANY APPLICATION with ANY DATA at ANY LOCATION.
- ETL Suite: An easy-to-use data mapping solution for aggregating data from multiple sources to populate databases and data warehouses.
- BPM Suite: Business process management and workflow automation product.